Moving is never fun but it doesn’t have to be stressful. There are a few things that you can do in order to assure you are organized and prepared for a smooth move:
- Do not over pack your boxes because heavy or overstuffed boxes can slow your moving time and, possibly, cause damage to the packed goods.
- Fill any boxes that are not completely full with newspaper to make the box structurally sound and able to support the weight of boxes stacked atop it.
- Use small boxes when packing your kitchen because canned and dry goods can add pounds quickly.
- When packing dishes, china, or crystal make sure you label the box as FRAGILE so that it is not placed on the bottom of the stacked boxes within the truck.
- When packing dishes, stand your dishes upright rather than laying them flat – dishes are like eggs, fragile when lying flat and stronger when standing upright.
- Coordinate boxes with the rooms in which they will be placed in your new home by labeling them with markers or color coding them with color dots. If you choose to color code, put the same color dot on the doors of the designated rooms to simplify, and thus speed up, your move.
- Florida movers are not allowed to move chemicals or flammable liquids, thus, please label all boxes with these materials and place them aside for transport in your own vehicle.
- Place all of your packed, coordinated boxes in an area closest to your front door or your garage. This allows easier and quicker loading. Many movers load boxes into the front of their trucks.